Our fourth of July weekend did not go completely as planned. We did get to go swimming Friday at my grandmother's pool, and that is where these pictures are from. But Friday night I woke up to stomach pain that was a result of the stomach virus! Not good. Thankfully I didn't have it too bad, but it did manage to completely ruin my Saturday.
We were supposed to go have BBQ at our community center, then watch some spectacular fireworks provided by New Salem Fire Department. I felt so bad that Tad ended up taking the three bigger kids to watch the fireworks while Jude and I sat at home and listened to them. We could actually hear them from our house.
I felt much better Sunday, but because I was so weak (from not eating AND still nursing) I couldn't get to church with everybody. After I was up for a few hours and ate a little I found enough energy to make it to Bear Creek. If you've ever been to Bear Creek then you know that you need a lot more energy than the little bit I had. Nevertheless I made it. The kids had a blast swimming in the frigid water, but we did not take the camera because we were already hauling too much stuff for our half-mile straight downhill walk to the water.
Hopefully we can take the kids back there before next fourth of July...and get some pictures. :)
Lila is doing so well with her swimming. She is already holding her breath and swimming underwater.

After they swam awhile Tad started taking pictures of them running around my grandmother's yard. It was a great evening for picture taking.
Mr. Joodles


stomach virus! D:
I wish I could go to the creek :(
that was my comment btw :)