Whew! We have been camping and gone through two weeks of Bible school, and now I finally have a chance to blog again.

On Tuesday of our Disney week, we went to Magic Kingdom. This was our favorite place last year, and it didn't let us down this year. We got up bright and early so we could beat most of the crowd. You can see the sea of people here, but we were actually very close to the entrance gate.


We wanted to be sure to ride the Walt Disney Railroad, which is a train that goes around the park. We wanted to do this last year and didn't get a chance to.


I think we found a stranger to take this picture. Tad would offer to take a picture of a random family that we would see (when we saw they had a camera), then in turn they would take a picture of us.



Jude and Drennan riding the carousal.



Random shot walking through the park. This was later in the day and we were all getting tired. My feet were aching. The pink building is "It's a Small World" ride. The blue building on the left is the "Peter Pan" ride. Peter Pan is my favorite. We went to that one first!


Lila in front of Rapunzel's tower. Unfortunately this was as close as you could get. She really wanted to go up in it. :)


I love everything about the Magic Kingdom, but this was a special treat for us. We were walking through one section and heard loud music. Then we noticed some characters dancing. The kids were able to get up close with the characters and dance. This was my favorite part of the whole day.


We stayed here for a while because it was so much fun to watch.

A little explanation about this picture. I happened to be standing close behind Pluto (trying to stay close to Jude) when he turned around and saw me. I wasn't dancing so he grabbed my hands to get me to dance.
Micah is doing the "robot" in the foreground.


I think Drennan took this picture in front of Cinderella's Castle.



Last year, the last pictures we took of the evening were in the dark and Lila was asleep. This year since Jude hadn't yet had a nap, he and Lila both were asleep. I was on a ride with the two (one last time on "Peter Pan"), and I was holding a sleeping Jude while Tad had the bigger boys somewhere else and I did my best to keep Lila from falling asleep on that ride. She fell asleep shortly after. She's in the stroller in this picture.



The park closed at 10pm and my feet were aching tremendously because we had been there since 8am. But it was such a fun day! We did things a little differently this year. Tad took Jude some while I took the other three. Then sometimes we would switch. That allowed them to ride on things they wouldn't have been able to if we were all together. Plus it lowered the risk for meltdowns!

0 comments: