We started school back last week. The kids were ready, sort of, and I was ready to get back on a schedule. Summer break was great, but was getting a little chaotic. :)
Drennan started 3rd grade and Micah 1st grade. Lila is sooo interested in her letters that she now has her own "school." Sometimes if you ask her what she's working on she'll say, "I'm doing my science." It's so refreshing to have such an eager learner again.
I didn't get any pictures of last week. We were so busy with everything that I didn't get a chance to pick up the camera. Maybe this week...
We took a trip up to see my sister and her family over the weekend. They just moved and are now only 3 1/2 hours away from here. It's so nice to not have to drive 8 hours (although we really loved visiting them when they lived at the beach). We stopped off Friday in Knoxville to eat with my aunt and her family. She has two boys that play with my two boys. Then headed on to Parrotsville. The kids played so hard the entire time. Two of Kelley's girls had Jude pretty much the whole time. Lila as well. She loved the attention. :)
After we left on Friday I asked Tad if he grabbed his camera and he said no. So we don't have any pictures from the trip. Next time we will because it was a great little town to visit and capture memories. Hopefully we can go back soon since it's so close!
Sounds like everyone had a great time. Great to see how much Lila wants to learn on her own. I know everyone will excel.
Yay for mini-vacations!!