Hay Haw Show

This weekend was The Hay Haw Show at the Community Center in New Salem.
This event is sort of like the old Hee Haw Show that used to come on TV.
Of course we add and take away some things to make it unique. We had a huge
crowd both Friday and Saturday. I played the piano a lot in it. Tad sang, ran the sound, and was the announcer (he loves a microphone). Drennan and Micah both said jokes. Neither of them were afraid of the stage. Baby Lila was adorable in her original "Hee Haw"
overalls that once belonged to my sister, Kelley, in the early 70s. They were great!
For those of you who missed it, here are some pictures.


This is my niece, Nettie, who played the fiddle with 3 of her sisters.


The Adkins Family Band performing.


Micah was a cow for a skit. He made a very cute cow.



Tad sang "In the Jailhouse Now" from the movie
"Oh, Brother Where Art Thou." Everyone commented on
how well he sang and how out of character it was for him
to act so goofy and sing.

3 comments:

  1. Mindy said...

    out of character for Tad to act goofy and sing?
    =)
    Looks like it was a lot of fun!
    Glad to hear there were big crowds. Sorry I missed it.
    One question - who is that playing guitar in the back behind your mom?
    And I know this goes with out saying but I miss seeing Uncle Buddy!
    love to all!
    Mindy  

  2. Wendy said...

    Cole is playing the guitar. He plays rhythm for us now. Amonie's husband Neal played guitar with us as well. He wasn't playing in this song though. It's definitely different playing without Grandpa. There's a huge void in the music.  

  3. Chas said...

    Oh man, I would have loved to have seen that. It looked like a lot of fun! Great pictures as always!
    Have a great day!
    Chas