Christmas!

We've done so many things in the last month, and I can't believe it's almost New Year's Day! I made a list at the beginning of November (at the recommendation of a close mentor) of everything we had to do in December and everything we wanted to do. It was very helpful to keep me organized and not as stressed! Also helped me to keep things in perspective. I enjoyed Advent a lot more this year.

One of the things I wanted to do was to take the kids to see the Christmas lights in LaFayette. It's a free event and the kids love it! They ran around til their legs hurt.

The picture is a little fuzzy because it was taken with my phone and in the dark, but we went with a group, and it was a lot of fun.

Something else we always try to do is make cookies for Santa Claus. Lila is the baker in the family. She loves to cook! We had fun making these sugar cookies. I convinced her to only leave about 3 for Santa. She had planned to leave about 7. :)


On Christmas Eve the kids present a play at church. They love it! My father-in-law managed to get a few pictures, but the lighting was so bad they are very blurry. I decided to post them because they did such a good job.
Lila was a news reporter, reporting from Bethlehem. Micah was a shepherd.

Drennan was a Wise Man.

Jude was Joseph.

After the play we went to my grandma's house to celebrate Christmas with her. 


Tad got some good photos on Christmas morning, but this is the only one I took with my phone. They are showing some of what they got.

I have to post this sweet picture of Lila and Baby Luna taken December 26. Poor little Luna was so tired, and Lila was the only one who was able to get her to sleep. It was so sweet!

It was a great Christmas. There were other gatherings I didn't get photos of, but we had a fun time at each of them.
It's about time to take down the decorations and start the new year. All the hustle and bustle of Christmas is coming to a close. Now if we can just get some snow... :)

0 comments: