Today is Friday and usually this is the day of the school week that we don't do a ton of book work. We do more crafts or bake or fun stuff like that with just a little book work. Makes it more fun for all of us. Today we have made erupting volcanoes and teddy bear "books" (Micah has been learning about "B" and brown).
Micah received a volcano making kit for his birthday so we have been saving it to do along with history (science too!). It looked so fun that I decided to go out and get one for Drennan so that we would have two to work with.
I didn't get any pictures of them constructing the volcanoes, but it was really cool. We used plaster of paris with molds. After they dried the kids used paint to make them look real. We did all of that work yesterday so that we could erupt them today.
Micah has just poured the vinegar in this shot and is awaiting his eruption.

This is Drennan's volcano.
They played until they used all the vinegar. It's a good thing vinegar is so cheap. Next time we'll have to buy an economy size. This was so fun. I'm sure they will be working on these again next week.
Also as you can see from Micah's shirt and Drennan's shorts that today is "brown" day. We had (brown) hot dogs for lunch with chocolate milk. I meant to pick up a brownie mix, but I forgot and it's a good thing cause I don't need the sweets.
With one soccer game this evening and two tomorrow. I can't stay on the blog too long. Much to do in the few hours left.
we did this before I moved out! it was a lot of fun. I have a video form it somewhere actually.