We had such a fun-filled day yesterday I thought I would blog about it. I didn't get any pictures, but my sister make a lot, so hopefully I can get some of hers.
Our day started out with a field trip to the zoo. My kids and my sister's six kids went together.
Thank goodness it didn't rain. The weather was great. After the zoo we all went to Coolidge Park to eat our picnic lunch and then play in the water. Another advantage of homeschooling is that when you go to Coolidge Park during "school" hours there isn't anyone else there. The sun was very hot and we all got a little bit pink, but the kids had a blast. Needless to say they were all very tired by the time we left.
Drennan had a baseball game in the evening then we went to my Mom's for a cookout and smores. As of 9am this morning Micah and Lila are still sleeping. We were going to go out somewhere else today but decided everyone was too tired....including the adults.
I'm glad we don't have days like yesterday all the time, but it's great to have them occasionally.
Today it's back to the grind with housecleaning, schoolwork, and backyard play. Tad has a wedding to shoot this evening so no Drive-In tonight for us. It's a good thing nothing good is showing. : )
SO - if my kids ever slept til 9AM I would have to go check if they were breathing.....=)
that's awesome.