Christmas came through like a whirlwind here. The craziness started on
Sunday, December 23rd. Drennan and Micah played their instruments at
both morning services at church.
They played "Silent Night." I was more nervous than they were. They did great!!
My father-in-law took these photos. Here are the kids getting ready for the Children's Sermon.
Christmas Eve was very busy too. We opened our Family Giving presents in the morning. Drennan came up with the idea for us to draw names each year. Funny thing is, this year Drennan, Micah, and Lila all got everyone presents. They just spent a little more money on the name they drew.
Lila got some Lego and Friends legos.
We had lunch with Tad's family. Then our Christmas Eve service at church where all four kids acted in the play. Drennan was in both the kids' and youth group plays. Afterwards, we went to my dad's mom's house. It was a late night for Santa and his Elves...
This is a glimpse into our Christmas morning.
Not pictured is Lila with her Easy Bake Oven.
We had breakfast on Christmas at my mom's house with my sister's family. Then went back to Tad's parent's for lunch. Then on to my grandma's house for supper. By the time we got home Christmas day I wanted nothing more but the bed.
The next day I woke up feeling bad. Thursday I spent the day in the bed and Friday I went to the doctor and tested positive for flu! Micah was running a fever by Saturday. We didn't make it to church Sunday. New Year's Day Jude went to the doctor with a sinus infection and ear infection. Micah and I are feeling better and I hope no one else gets the flu.
So, next year I hope to look back on this post early in December and remind myself that we need to take it easier. Christmas is always very busy, and we love getting together with everyone and all the festivities. But somehow we need to slow down a little and remember to breathe.
1 comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








I love the one with the boys playing their instruments! it needs to be framed.